Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a three-year degree programme, conducted in affiliation to Bengaluru North University, spread over eight semesters. The students will be equipped with the fundamental skills and knowledge essential for managing key areas of organisations such as accounting, human resource management, quantitative methods, marketing, strategy, and operations management. They will be given the option to choose any one the elective topics, namely finance, marketing and human resource management, as per their areas of interest.
- to produce and develop ethical managers with inter-disciplinary knowledge
- to produce and develop entrepreneurial attitude and skills
- to provide an understanding of finance, marketing and human resource function of a company, with special reference to SME sector
- to develop IT enabled global, middle-level managers for solving real life business problems
- to produce and develop business analysts for companies, capital markets and commodity markets
- to prepare students for higher education which can transform into business scientists, researchers, consultants and teachers, with core competencies
- to prepare students for competitive examinations of UPSC, KPSC, BSRB, Staff Selection Commission, etc.
Programme Outcome (PO):
1. General Learning Outcomes - are not discipline specific but relate to generic skills that allow for professional and personal growth outside of a formal educational setting.
2. Interpersonal Competence - the knowledge, skills and attributes required to effectively manage him and relationships with others within organizations.
3. Global Perspective - the knowledge, skills and attributes needed to live and work in a diverse world.
4. Critical Thinking and Analytical Competence - the knowledge, skills, and attributes required to conceptualize, apply, analyze, synthesize, evaluate information from a variety of sources, and form substantive recommendations.
5. Technical Competence – the knowledge, skills, and attributes required to effectively utilize common business software applications, recognize opportunities to apply technology enhancements, prepare business plans to upgrade technology, and provide leadership on technology projects.
6. Communication Competence - the knowledge, skills, and attributes needed to convey meaning effectively using verbal, written or other means of expression.
7. Professional Integrity - means being honest and forthright in all of your professional dealings. It means always acting in accordance with the core values of your chosen profession. Professional integrity means always setting the highest ethical and legal standards for all of your actions.