- B.Sc degree of Bangalore University or any other equivalent university equivalent thereto with any Life Science course and a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in all the optional subjects.
- Students who have passed B.Sc Biotechnology / B.Sc Biotechnology (integrated) with a minimum score of 50% marks in aggregate (with biochemistry as one of the papers)
- Students with B.Sc Honours in biotechnology/microbiology/botany/zoology/biology with 50% aggregate score including all optional.
- Other graduates (in the absence of 1, 2 & 3) with 50% marks in aggregate: including those from the fields of agricultural sciences, dairy sciences, horticulture, forestry, fisheries, pharmacy, engineering (biotechnology), Medicine / Dental, Agricultural Engineering, Clinical Lab Techniques.
- Students with chemistry/ biochemistry compulsorily as an optional subject along with at least one of the following optional subjects- microbiology, biotechnology, botany, applied botany, zoology, applied zoology, industrial microbiology, environmental science, genetics, applied genetics, sericulture, home science, life science, biological science.