Students seeking admission into pre-university programmes must have:
- Successfully completed 10th standard in Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) /Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)/ Council for the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (CISCE) Boards, or any other equivalent examination recognised by the Pre-University Board. A Pass Class in the qualifying exam is the primary criteria for admission; however, admission seats are allotted on the basis of academic merit in the qualifying examination(s).
- Students from other countries who have passed class X, or any other equivalent examination (Eg. “O” level exams from General Certificate of Education in UK and other commonwealth countries), must obtain a Provisional Eligibility Certificate issued by the director of the Pre-University Education Board, before seeking admission.
- Application for admission in the college must be in the prescribed form. Forms are available at Admissions Unit located within the Main campus or PU campus. The application can be downloaded through PU website or through our website Apply here.
- The same application can be used for different streams/combinations.
- Reservation category students (SC / ST /other category) have to produce original documents caste/category certificates for verification, and submit photocopies of the same issued from the corresponding authority, at the time of submission of the application form.
At the time of submitting the application the following documents must be submitted:
- Original/Attested marks statement of SSLC or an equivalent examination
- Transfer Certificate / School Leaving Certificate from the school/institution last attended
- 8 passport size photographs
- Eligibility Certificate from Pre-University Education Board in case of foreign nationals
- Migration Certificate in case of Non-Karnataka students/ Other than State board of Karnataka.
- Applicants eligibility for the course applied would be checked
- Short —listed Candidates are informed about their selection
- Prospective students are advised to meet the Principal and the selection committee for a personal interview
- The final selection is done based on the marks secured in the qualifying examination, and performance in the personal interview
- Admissions are done as per the roaster system of Govt. Of Karnataka
- Candidates selected for admission would be asked to submit original transcripts, transfer certificate and other relevant documents and pay the required course fees.
For more information or clarification feel free to contact our Admission Counsellors at Admissions unit
Indian Academy Pre-University College
Hennur Cross. Hennur Main Road, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore 560 043. India
Tel : 080-41532244
Mob : +91- 63662 41626/ +91-74111 66700
Fax : 080-67458908
E-mail : [email protected]