Candidates joining the GNM course are expected to fulfill the following criteria:
- Pass in 10+2/PUC/PDC or Vocational Higher Secondary education with preferably (PCB) & English as optional subjects.
- The Candidate must have secured minimum 40% in these optional subjects in the qualifying examination.
- 10+2 vocational ANM under CBSE Board or other equivalent board with 40% marks.
- Registered as ANM with state Nursing Registration Council.
- The candidate should be medically fit.
- Students qualified in 10+2 Arts or Science examination or Health Care Science Vocational stream ONLY conducted by National Institute of Open School (NIOS) with 40% marks.