The function of the Library Advisory Committee is to support the functioning of the library so that it can facilitate the library development plans by advocating the library development activities with the management. The purpose of the Library Advisory Committee is to act as a channel of communication and dialogue between the IADC Library and its users. The Committee’s main objective is to aid in the establishment a bridge between the Library and the academic fraternity and the institute management. The Library Advisory Committee (LAC) is to be appointed by the Principal.
The suggested composition of this Committee is as follows:
- Chairperson: Institution Head is the chairperson
- Members: One faculty each from One Stream (Librarian to propose panel names)
- Coordinator: Librarian Shall be the Secretary of LAC
- All officers of the Library shall participate in the meeting to provide required inputs
Meeting Frequency: The LAC would meet at least once in every quarter to review the library affairs
Terms of Reference for LAC:
- To provide general direction to the Library.
- To review the functioning of the library with regards to its support to the academic programmes of the institute.
- To outline the library collection development policy as and when required, for its implementation.
- To monitor and evaluate, from time to time, trends and developments in information technologies, networking, library automation, library cooperation etc., and to direct the library in their adoption.
- To formulate action plan for the development of library infrastructure, facilities, products and services.
- Evaluate the suggestions made by the library users.
- To formulate the policy for library use and procedure to be framed.
- To assist library in providing need based information services.
- To review the requirements of the new programmes being introduced and advise library about financial assistance.
- Evaluating the books procurement Department wise and allocation of budget accordingly.
- Any other function as assigned by Principal.